Here at esure, we're no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we're getting ready for more. It's creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It's an opportunity you simply don't want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
Purpose of Role:
This role forms part of the 1st line risk management team within our Transformation Delivery Office. As our transformation journey continues our risks will continue to change, and we need an experienced Risk Manager to support the business in managing them.
You will play a lead role in the ongoing development and oversight of the Risk Management Framework and take an active senior role in overseeing and monitoring the Transformation risk profile.
Day to Day:
- Owning and managing the 1st line Risk Management Framework and reporting
- Develop and maintain a suite of Key Risk Indicators
- Maintain and evolve Risk Appetite statements
- Manage the Risk and Control self-assessment process to assist the business in identifying new and emerging risks and designing a suitable yet commercial control environment to provide protection
- Testing the effectiveness of the control environment
- Identifying and resolving control issues and themes including managing the resolution of audit and other business as usual control issues
- Acting as an escalation point and point of contact for the business
- Propose solutions to mitigate the risks within the business
We'd Love You to Bring:
- Come from a risk background, with experience in Financial Services, so you'll have a clear ability to manage, lead and develop our risk management approach.
- Strong understanding of the role and mandate of a 1st line risk function
- Proven technical experience in developing, implementing and embedding Risk Frameworks
- Able to articulate the role of the Risk Management function and the elements of the Risk Management Framework
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and proven self-starter that takes ownership for the delivery of their demand
- Stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence others positively
- Be motivated and high-performing with proven experience of working at one with other colleagues, to achieve their objectives and assist others in doing so
- Communication is key to effective delivery; you'll ensure that everyone involved, including key stakeholders, are aware of, and engaged in
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila's Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer's renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila's Wheels Travel Insurance
- Profit Share
- Festive Bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group's number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.