MERJE are working with a General Insurance client grow their Risk and Actuarial function. This client has reviewed it’s Actuarial and Risk capability and is looking for a Nearly Qualified Actuary to join the team to continue and drive this development.
You will have the ability to support various workstreams in the long run. The initial capability will be to support the Internal Model Approval Process (IMAP) and the validation of the model so it meets requirements for submission. The Capital Management of the business is an important driver. You will then provide insight to the model for the wider 2nd line risk function.
Long term, this opportunity offers great career progression for the right individual who wants to apply themselves across all aspects of finance / risk / actuarial. You will have the chance to have review risk exposures to Pricing, Reserving, Reinsurance to name a few.
The ideal Candidate:
- Experience in a General Insurance company in an Actuarial or Risk related role.
- Understanding of Capital / Model Validation / IMAP
- Making progress with the Actuarial exams, around the nearly Qualified level. (Not essential if working experience is equivalent).
- Interest in wider Risk and Actuarial capabilities
- Strong stakeholder communication skills, internally and with external regulators
- A passion to join a function that’s growing in size and structure, being a lead individual in this transformation.
Actuarial study support available should candidates need this.
Remote and flexible working arrangements are available. This company encourages a great culture around working from home.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.