A leading life (re)insurance operation are looking for an experienced FP&A professional to help provide insight into the business, from both product and capital allocation perspective. You will help manage several aspects of the business and expense plans and produce high-quality reporting and analysis of the quarterly financial results for senior management. The role has direct line management of one FP&A Analyst and reports into the Head of FP&A.
The key elements of this role will be:
Understand and support capital forecasting for all legal entities and branches keeping in line with shifting regulatory frameworks and internal structural changes.
- Managing Annual Planning Timetable and ensure the robustness of Plan.
- Quality assurance of FP&A deliverable to ensure data accuracy, completeness and consistency.
- Provide thorough analysis of the key financial performance indicators, including trends, headwinds, tailwinds, mitigating factors, and key drivers in various forums and to many different stakeholders for the consolidated results.
- Production, coordination and delivery of the Strategic Management Information pack (MI) – discussion and value-added analysis of financial results using various approaches and viewpoints.
- Review and delivery of quarterly operational expense analysis – discuss operating expense results for the quarter and provide insight to cost centre managers of drivers of variances against plan.
- Partner with planning teams across the Business Units and Division to ensure 5-year business and expense plans are delivered efficiently with comprehensive analysis that meet senior management’s needs.
- Work with internal partners (Corporate Actuarial, Finance, IT, HR) to identify and implement process. improvement opportunities in the planning process and reporting production cycle (share best practices with Business Units where appropriate).
To be considered for this role you should be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with significant post-qualified experience gained in an insurer or Big 4 accountancy firm. You will need a sound understanding of balance sheet and capital, plus the understanding of the income statements that link to equity. You must have excellent verbal and written communications skills as you will be reviewing and delivering board level reports.